Total allocation: €37,7 million • Allocation to Active Citizens Fund: €3 million
ACF’s overall objective is to strengthen civil society, promote active citizenship and empower vulnerable groups. In the period of 2014–2021 special emphasis of the ACF is put on long-term sustainable development and capacity building of NGO sector. Enabling that, ACF programme aims at strengthening the role of NGOs in promotion of democratic governance of the country, inclusion of public in decision-making processes on national and local level, and strengthening human rights. An important priority of the programme is also strengthening cooperation between Slovenian civil society organisations and organisations from donor countries – Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Programme key priority fields
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency;
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating discrimination based on race or ethnicity, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity;
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups;
- Gender equality and fighting gender-based violence
- Environment and climate change.
Financial assistance from the Fund will be provided for projects addressing at least one of the following goals:
- Strengthened advocacy and watchdog role of NGOs;
- Increased support for civic education and human rights;
- Empowerment of vulnerable groups;
- Sustainable development and capacity building of non-governmental organisations;
- Strengthening of bilateral cooperation between Slovenian civil society organisations and organisations from donor countries;
- Strengthening regional (cross-border) cooperation among civil society organisations.
Active Citizens Fund in Slovenia will allocate 2,5 million euros in four open calls:
Medium and large projects. Financial support of the call for medium and large projects is aimed at medium (up to 60.000 euro) and large (up to 120.000 euro) projects in the four key programme fields – democracy, human rights including gender equality, social justice and climate change.
Micro or “rapid response” projects. This call is intended for NGOs in need of »rapid funding« (up to 5.000 euros) for advocacy, legal, communication or other actions that have to be implemented immediately.
Institutional support. This call is addressing strategic development of NGOs. Organisations will be able to receive financial support for implementation of their strategic plans, while at the same time building capacity and developing even better programmes with the support of mentors.
Small projects. Financial support (up to 20.000 euro per project) of this call is aimed only at project proposals of organisations with less than 50.000 euro annual turnover, addressing at least one of the programme priority fields: democracy, human rights including gender equality, social justice and climate change.
One of the most important priorities of the fund is also strengthening bilateral cooperation between organisations from Slovenia and partners from the donor countries – Island, Lichtenstein and Norway.
For this purpose, fund will allocate 40.000 euros. Part of these means will be available through special call for implementation of additional activities of those projects that will include a bilateral partner.
Active Citizens Fund in Slovenia is managed by CNVOS – Centre for Information Service, Co-operation and Development of NGOs, in consortium with Institute PIP – Legal and Information Centre Maribor, and DRPD Novo mesto – Society for the Advancement of Voluntary Work Novo mesto. email@example.com
+386 1 542 14 22
+386 40 506 388
Resources and more information
Website of the Active Citizens Fund in Slovenia
Further information on the EEA and Norway Grants in Slovenia
See the EEA and Norway Grants 2014 – 2021 fact sheet for Slovenia.