The Active Citizens Fund Slovenia aims at strengthening the role of non-governmental organisations in promotion of democracy, public inclusion in decision-making processes on national and local level and human rights protection. An important priority of the programme is also strengthening of bilateral cooperation between civil society organisations from Slovenia and organisations from donor countries – Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Priority area and specifics of the call
Project proposals must address one of the priority areas:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency,
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds ofracial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity,
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups,
- Gender equality and gender-based violence,
- Environment and climate change.
In addition, applicants must also take into account:
- Protection of the environment and climate change will only be supported as part of measures to promote civic participation, advocacy, social innovation and active citizenship.
- In the field of social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups provision of welfare and basic services will only be supported as part of wider actions addressing awareness-raising, advocacy, empowerment and reform initiatives.
- Youth inclusion should be an important part of the projects (e.g. target group in civic education and civic mobilisation) and organisational development (leadership succession, rejuvenation of staff, etc.). For the activities targeted at youth, entering partnership with youth organisations should be considered.
- Strengthened civil society watchdog/advocacy role
- Increased support for civic and human rights
- Vulnerable groups are empowered
- Enhanced capacity and sustainability of civil society (organizations and sectors)
Project size and duration
Minimum amount: 20.000
EUR Maximum amount: 60.000 EUR
Minimum amount: 60.001 EUR
Maximum amount: 120.000 EUR
Project duration: at least 12 and at most 24 months.
Partnerhsip with donor country organisations is encouraged.
Deadlines for submission of project proposals
- Submission of concept notes: 11. 12. 2019 at noon (Slovenian time)
- Anticipated deadline for submission of full project proposals: 10. 4. 2020 (or 1 month after applicants receive invitations to proceed with preparation and submission of full project proposals)
For more details on eligibility, application process, outcomes, outputs, guildelines and support for project applicants visit the Active Citizens Fund Slovenia website.