The Open Society Institute – Sofia, in its capacity of Fund Operator of the Active Citizens Fund in Bulgaria is inviting interested organizations and entities from Norway to attend a Bilateral Workshop in Sofia on November 7, 2018.
The Workshop is a match-making event. It shall gather Bulgarian civil society organizations and entities from the donor states (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) that are interested in developing joint projects under the thematic priorities of the Active Citizens Fund in Bulgaria.
The aim of the Active Citizens Fund is to strengthen civil soceity and active citizenship and to empower vulnerable groups. The thematic priorities of the Active Citizens Fund in Bulgaria are:
- Strengthened democratic culture and civic awareness
- Increased support for human rights
- Vulnerable groups are empowered
- CSOs actively address gender equality and gender based violence (GBV)
- Increased civic engagement in environmental protection/climate change
- Enhanced capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector including CSOs
See the draft agenda for the event here.
If you are interested in participating in the Workshop on November 7. you are kindly asked to fill in and submit the Registration form available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BilateralWorkshopSofia by 26. October at the latest.
The following expenses of registered participants can be covered:
- Hotel accommodation: OSI – Sofia will reimburse up to 100 euro per night for up to 2 nights at a hotel (preferably in the central area of Sofia). Recommended are the following 2 hotels: (1) St. George Hotel (http://stgeorge-bg.com/home); (2) Hotel ‘Niky’ (http://hotel-niky.com/bg/).
- International transport - economy class airplane ticket up to 600 Euro for participants travelling from Norway and Liechtenstein and up to 1 500 Euro for participants travelling from Iceland.
- Additionally, up to 150 Euro for internal travel will be covered.
- Per diem for up to 2 days (70 euro per day).
Expenses will be reimbursed by OSI – Sofia via bank transfer upon sending copies of tickets (electronic tickets including the price; ferry tickets and boarding cards; bus/train/ferry tickets/taxi receipts (for internal travel), invoice (accommodation).
Visit the website of the Active Citizens Fund in Bulgaria.